Interested in becoming more involved in the Southwest music program? Opportunities range from giving one hour of your time to playing an on-going role on the SWHS Music Boosters Board. Here’s just a few of the many ways to contribute:
- Take donations and hand out programs at concerts. Come early to set up. Duty is done once the concert starts so you don’t have to miss anything. A member of the Board will be there to give direction.
- Be on the Southwest Music Booster Board. Meet once a month at the school to discuss program needs and develop a plan of action. Members generally take an active role in one or more projects/areas and/or serve as an officer of the Board. Board officers are: President/Chair, Co-Chair, Treasurer and Secretary.
- Play a role on the Hot Notes Annual Fundraiser Organizing Committee. Roles vary year-to-year but generally include support for Venue Selection, Food, Entertainment, Fundraising (Burning Desire, Off-the-Wall, Raffle, Great Gatherings), Ticket Sales, Check-In/Check Out, Decor/Design, Publicity/Communication and Program Design.
- Carpool to and from music venues or chaperone on band/choral trips.
- Provide administrative support to the music directors on an as needed basis.